Thousands of Original Episodic Shows and Powerful Personalized Channels Give Users Choice and Voice, and Give Advertisers a Brand-Safe Network that Rivals the Reach of Television with the Efficiencies of the Internet
SAN FRANCISCO, April 23, 2008 — PodShow, which exploded in 2007 as the third fastest growing site on the Internet* is continuing its trajectory with the launch of a new site and new name. Launching today, MEVIO.com is the culmination of PodShow’s transition to a complete broadband entertainment network for the social Web. MEVIO gives users direct access to an incredible collection of shows, music and video as well as a powerful set of tools for personalizing their content into channels, sharing them with friends, putting on their favorite blogs or sites and even downloading to their favorite portable player. MEVIO also provides advertisers with a brand-safe platform that combines the reach, frequency and audience visibility of television with the scalability, interaction and data offered by the Web.
Conceived on the premise that audiences would continue to move away from TV and begin to move beyond single-clip video Web sites, MEVIO has evolved from PodShow’s ground-breaking podcast and music networks, which primarily focused on downloaded entertainment. In 2007 PodShow began its move to the Web by producing and distributing a broad range of episodic video and audio shows, attracting an impressive array of brand advertisers along the way and causing an explosion in growth that has resulted in the company reaching comScore’s Top 20 Sites in both Music (#10) and Multimedia (#16) in March 2008. Today MEVIO provides its users with access to over 1,000,000 hours of entertainment that can be played online, downloaded, or combined into channels. MEVIO expects to double its roster of top-programming in the next 90 days.
"We have never believed in user-generated content as a business, or even as a sustainable entertainment offering," said Ron Bloom, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, MEVIO. "We have focused on developing and delivering episodic content that engages the audience, building a feature-rich network for our users to personalize their programming and share with others — and it is working. Over the last six months, our network has exploded and we are seeing larger audiences, spending more time, viewing more content and returning more often."
Already generating nearly 8 million unique visits a month and growing, MEVIO hosts more than 15,000 shows within the new platform. MEVIO also produces its own programming and plans to add 600 shows and produce a total of 50 original shows by the end of 2008. The top shows on MEVIO generate millions of views every month, with audiences that are beginning to compete with hit cable and television series.
"Our combination of premier, high quality content with a growing and return audience gives brand advertisers the kind of online viewer engagement that they are hard-pressed to find anywhere else on the Web," said Adam Curry, co-founder and President of MEVIO. "We have an incredible talent pool of producers and developers who understand what it means to build and engage an audience, and we are just beginning to roll out even more entertainment options."
Brand advertisers are using MEVIO to provide a platform to create deeper engagement over longer periods of time. The network has provided campaigns for a broad range of world-class brands, and provides more advertising solutions than virtually any other network, including pre-rolls, embedded ads, page takeovers, host-endorsements, product placement, custom production and special promotions. Along with the MEVIO launch, the company will be rolling out vertical networks that target specific demographics or entertainment genres.
New features available now at MEVIO include:
MEVIO "Smart Channels":
- MEVIO Channels are more than playlists. They automatically update as new content becomes available. Users can choose from thousands of programs, clips and special features — or upload their own content and make a channel. MEVIO Channels are versatile and can feature, shows, episodes, clips, audio or video.
- Users can select from hundreds of MEVIO-created channels featuring thousands of hours of great entertainment, create their own Smart-Channels, or play and subscribe to channels created by other users. (Over 100,000 users have created channels in beta mode). Channel creators can let the channel update automatically or edit any part of the channel at their convenience. If others are subscribed to your channel, your edits will show up on their channel. Users can also elect to copy a channel from MEVIO or another user and then edit them directly.
- Public/Private: MEVIO Channels can be private for personal use, or public to be subscribed to by others.
- MEVIO Channels can be delivered to you (or your friends) virtually anywhere on the net to your television or to your portable device.
- Users can create an unlimited number of channels for personal use or to share with others. Once created, MEVIO Smart-Channels refresh automatically and are always ready with the latest content.
MEVIO Media Search:
- MEVIO search lets you find great content from the MEVIO library and from across the net available free through MEVIO’S expanded search and content directory.
- Select search from shows, videos, music and people. Filter by content category or media type. Play your results on the spot or "GET" them and add them to one of your channels.
MEVIO PPG (Personalized Program Guides):
- Far more powerful than traditional electronic program guides, MEVIO Personalized Program Guides enable users to discover programming in broad or targeted categories and to create their own guides for others to enjoy.
- MEVIO’s advance administration tools let Personalized Program Guides be created and managed by MEVIO editors or by any user.
- Channel Player/ Widget: MEVIO’S MashBoard plays channels, clips, audio and video in multiple formats. Users can program their player to play personalized channels, or enjoy MEVIO’s picks and specials.
- MEVIO Share lets users create channels and share them with their friends or select a particular show or clip as it is playing and share it on the spot. With MEVIO Share, users can import their address books and invite all of their friends to "tune in".
MEVIO "GET IT":
- MEVIO Get-it enables users to get images, clips, shows or channels and add them to their collection. When a user "gets" a show or channel, they are updated automatically as new content becomes available. Users can take the content from their collection and create fresh channels for public or personal use.
MEVIO "PUT IT":
- MEVIO Put IT enables users to download content directly through the MEVIO Player or as shows or channels. "PUT IT" allows users to download content to their computer or directly to their connected portable device, through that device’s software. No MEVIO software download is required, so you can take advantage of all MEVIO features from any computer connected to the internet.
- Over 1 million hours of free, episodic entertainment featuring multiple genres in video and audio.
- Fresh programming arrives daily.
- A new lineup of exclusive shows and features will launch throughout the year
MEVIO For Advertisers:
- Brand-safe channels and networks deliver large scale audiences against desirable demographics.
- Vertical Networks targeting specific demographics.
- Full range of advertiser integration, including traditional ad inserts, companion programming, page takeovers, network promotions, product placement, host endorsements and custom production.
MEVIO (www.mevio.com), the premier broadband entertainment network, provides single-click access to the best in new media in video, audio and music to be delivered to your computer, iPod, mobile device or television. With over 1,000,000 hours of episodic content, reaching a global audience of tens-of-millions, MEVIO.com provides a wealth of exclusive programming options and features to suit virtually any demographic. MEVIO provides advertisers with a brand-safe platform that combines the reach, frequency and audience visibility of television with the scalability, interaction and data offered by the web. The Company is privately held company and is backed by leading venture capital firms Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sequoia Capital, Sherpalo Ventures and DAG Ventures.
MEVIO and PodShow are trademarks of MEVIO, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. (*compete.com, Jan 2008 report)